For healthy blood sugar levels, tight control of blood glucose is felt to be an important aspect of quality care for diabetic patients. Foods rich in fiber are considered as an ideal food item for diabetic patients.
As obesity statistics are on the rise, there is a need to help educate people about the importance of a healthy diet and exercising together. A diet full of carbohydrate and high-fats can cause blood sugar for diabetics to increase. Research shows that overweight people are at a higher risk of severe health troubles such as heart or cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes & more.
Overcome Diabetes or Hyperglycemia Threat
Diabetes is a worldwide problem. Over the past 20 years the diabetics count has risen to an alarming level. It has been estimated that diabetics’ patients count can reach 439 million by 2030.
This chronic condition results when the pancreas fails to produce sufficient amount of insulin & cells do not get the required energy. Insulin deficiency does not pass glucose (obtained from food that we consume) from the blood into the cells. This causes the glucose to accumulate in the blood, causing raised blood sugar which affects the body’s metabolism. This rise of blood sugar for diabetics is not desired.
Diabetes is classified as:
Type-1 or Juvenile Diabetes
If not properly controlled in earlier stages, diabetes can adversely affect the patient’s life.
In Type 1 or insulin-dependent form is not preventable. It can be due to an auto-immune disorder as some heredity factors interrupt required insulin production from pancreas. In such cases, the patients are injected with insulin dose & insulin replacement therapy is advised.
Under the Type 2 or non-insulin dependent form, patients are given insulin injections eventually as lack of insulin is not severe. When a person has more fat cells than muscle cells, the insulin becomes less effective overall, and glucose remains circulating in the blood instead of being taken in to the cells to be used as energy. Weight-control & healthy lifestyle factors contribute to its cure.
- First step is to avoid excess-eating to help control severe form of diabetes which can lead to serious health complications. Example: Drink cinnamon tea which helps to bring down glucose count in blood.
- Divide your whole-day calorie intake into small meals & consume small quantities every 3 to 4 hours.
- Protein curbs hunger & help to slow the absorption of carbohydrates, hence consuming meals rich in protein, green vegetables, fiber & lean meats is recommended.
- To maintain inner-stability, add some fruits or vegetables to your diet-chart as carbohydrate-rich meals make blood glucose-friendly.
- Regular exercising and walking ensures lowering your sugar level naturally; a great way to control diabetes or hyperglycemia
- Follow drug therapy
- Quit alcohol
- Calculate your blood sugar count regularly & follow a strict diet-chart
Normal blood glucose level: 70mg/dl to 100mg/dl (milligrams per deciliter)
Be conscious of your lifestyle because eating patterns greatly affect healthy blood sugar levels.